Please upgrade your browser.
3/03 Sorry! A Taste of Japan is sold out. Thank you for your interest and support of the garden.
Join us for a unique and entertaining evening at the Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden as we celebrate Japan’s rich culture of dining and drinking traditions. Stroll the garden sampling delicious treats from food and drink stations, listening to music and enjoying nature, art and conversation with friends old and new.
Culinary delights on the menu will include:
- Okonomi-yaki (Japanese “pancakes”) provided by Otafuku Foods Inc.
- Soba Noodle Salad and Cucumber Salad from The Kitchen for Exploring Foods
- Sushi, rice balls and karaage (fried chicken) from Delicatessen by Osawa (thanks to Frank and Toshie Mosher)
- Sweet mochi treats from Little Tokyo
Delectable drinks you’ll be sampling will include:
- Toki and other Whiskies by Beam Suntory
- Nigori (Cloudy) Sake Sayuri by Hakutsuru Sake of America Inc.
- Several jizake (local sakes)
- Iced and hot Japanese teas – both caffeinated and decaf
Japanese works of art, clothing and gift certificates for fun services will be for sale in our Silent Auction.
Traditional and contemporary Japanese music will be provided by the CalArts Japanese Music Ensemble. DJaying provided by Paul Naoji.
Our art space En Gallery, featuring Brushstrokes and Blooms: The Calligraphy and Ikebana of Shizuko Greenblatt, will also be open for the evening.
We will be honoring Shige Higashi, who has been publishing Cultural News for 20 years. Thanks to his tireless efforts, the newspaper is a great source for news about our region’s Japanese cultural offerings.
Tickets to the event will be $50 each, including valet parking. Reservations can be made on the Programs and Reservations page of the website at www.japanesegardenpasadena.com/programs. All proceeds from the event will help support the garden and its cultural and educational programming.