Please upgrade your browser.
Member Page for Second Sunday + Tea Talks and Tasting
Friend $95 20%
Sustaining $250 20%
Patron $500 20%
Sponsor $1,000 50%
Benefactor $5,000 50%
2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Even though the Storrier Stearns garden is a perfect backdrop for cultural events, festivals and celebrations, Japanese gardens are designed primarily for quiet contemplation and introspection. Our Second Sundays will offer visitors the serenity that has characterized Japanese gardens for centuries, a respite from a hectic world. Chairs and benches will be scattered around the garden and tables will be available for picnics and conversation. Highlighting the summer months will be Tea Talks and Tasting (reserved separately.)
With Tea Specialist Patti Harrison
Join us for a workshop in the gallery space at the garden to learn about the living traditions of Japanese tea with our tea specialist, Patti Harrison. The format is informal, relaxed fun--and air conditioned!
We will discuss the principal of “Ichi-go Ichi-e” (One Time One Gathering), which reminds us to enjoy each other’s company in each fleeting moment.
- Tea ceremonies in the teahouse with Mikko will return in October
- Reservations close the day before at 5pm
- The garden is open to the public 10am to 4pm on the second and last Sundays of each month. Closed the last Sunday of December.
- Picnics welcome!
- Members receive free garden admission for two
- Children 12 and under free.
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- The garden is wheelchair accessible
- Open rain or shine. We are not able to issue refunds